Saturday, July 3, 2010

Grilled Corn, Black Bean and Tomato Salad



Grilled Corn, Black Bean and Tomato Salad
4 ears of grilled corn, kernels cut off (you can use frozen or canned, but the grilled tastes best!)
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups edamame
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
3/4 cup chopped red onion
2-4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or Italian Parsley if you are not a cilantro fan)
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing (homemade or store-bought. I like the flavor of Buttermilk Ranch for this salad)
a few shakes of hot sauce, to taste
Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients. Serve chilled or at room temperature. 



This is salad is perfect for all that grilled corn you just made!  Two or three chopped avocado's can be a very nice substitution for the edamame as well.  They both taste great in this salad.  I used the edamame this time since we will be outside and they hold up just a bit better for outdoor picnics.  This salad is so versatile. It is great as a topping for chicken, wrapped into a flour tortilla, mixed with a green salad, or even to dip tortilla chips in as a salsa. Yum!  When I made it today, I also added a bit of Southwest Seasoning Salt for a bit more of a punch.  So play around to adjust the salad to suit your taste- or your pantry!

Have a FUN (and safe!) 4th of July!  Happy Birthday America!

3 comments:

  1. I made this over the weekend. Mine didn't look quite as pretty as yours because I used avocado and that made it creamy, but it sure tastes good. I added some of my homemade "taco" seasoning to spice it up a bit. My favorite use so far has been wrapped up in a pita and as a salsa with chips or crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked it Dave! I really enjoy it with the avocado as well, the creaminess is a lovely addition. I agree that with it, it does make a better dip then a salad. It seems whenever we have leftover corn on the cob, this is my stand by! We always seem to have it in the house in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have some leftover corn from dinner tonight, and I'm looking forward to making this tomorrow!!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails