Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Captain Morgan BBQ Sauce

Caryn, TD and their handsome son Cassidy

While in Cambridge, MA I lived across the courtyard from a wonderful couple, Teradon (TD) and Caryn.  They became fast friends, welcoming me into their group, inviting me places and including me on all sorts of fun times.  As much as I am happy to be back home amongst family, I miss my East Coast friends so very much.  Thank goodness for the internet, making it easy to keep in touch!

TD is always playing around in the kitchen and sent me this awesome recipe he created for a Captain Morgan BBQ sauce.  I am so excited to give it a try.  The flavors sound perfect for summer.  Looks like I am going to be sending Scott out to pick up a new propane tank this weekend....


Captain Morgan BBQ Sauce
makes a little less than 750ml

30 oz Tomato sauce
½ C Captain Morgan’s
¾ C Cider vinegar
¼ C Dark Brown Sugar
¼ C Dark Molasses
1 T Honey
1 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 T Onion Powder
2 t Paprika (1 regular and 1 smoked)
1 t Chili Powder
1 t Lemon Pepper Powder
1 t Liquid Smoke
½ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
½ t Garlic Powder

Simmer to reduce. Great on Hamburgers.  I use this as my base for my Jack Daniels sauce as well. Switch out the Captain with the Jack Daniels and then add a shot of JD when you go to bottle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails