Friday, April 2, 2010

Fridays, Feasting With Friends- Featuring Medeana Hobar

One of the delights of life is eating with friends, second to that is talking about eating. And, for an unsurpassed double whammy, there is talking about eating while you are eating with friends.” 
~Laurie Colwin'Home Cooking'

For today's segment of Friday's Feasting with Friends I would like to introduce you to my friend Medeana.  She is full of life, joy and brings sunshine wherever she goes.  I honestly don't think I have ever met a more uplifting and positive person then I did with Medeana.  I met Medeana through my sister, and am so thrilled with the friendship that I have developing with her myself.  She is my first "vegan" friend, and I always love hearing about the amazing and wonderful things her family enjoys at each meal.  Sometimes they might sound a bit strange, but all of them I would love to give a taste and see for myself.  (So Medeana, if you ever have any leftovers you are more then welcome to send them my way *grin*.)  Her family lives on an Organic Farm (lucky girl!!!) and she is a self-proclaimed Tree-hugger (some of my favorite kinds of people!)  She is just an all around fun girl, and will guarantee to make you feel at ease and in turn make you laugh until your sides hurt.  

Medeana Hobar
Medeana, just before her very first ride on the subway, NYC


What is your favorite thing to cook? Soups!!!

How about your least favorite thing to cook? Really dont like to cook! My hubby is my personal chef!!!

What is your favorite local restaurant and what is one you are dying to try out? My Fav resturaunt is Wild Mango! LOVE IT!!!! I have been dying to hit Luckys cafe for brunch! Thay have LOTS of veggie choices!

You are hosting a dinner party, what would be on your playlist?Bruschetta, hummous, veggies, salad, soup. Vegan cheesecake

What would you choose to be your last meal on earth? Tofu curry noodle soup from Wild Mango!!!!!!
What are you currently reading? Skinny Bitch

What is your favorite Kitchen Gadget? Vita Mix

Do you have a signature go-to dish? my leftover surprises!!

What is your favorite thing about Cleveland? My family and friends!

Do you have a favorite meal from your childhood and do you still cook it now as an adult? Unbeef stew!

Top 3 Movies of all time? 300, Gone with the wind, Ghandi

Where do you do your grocery shopping? Natures Bin, all over Cleveland @ my accounts!

What is your favorite guilty pleasure when it comes to food?Chocolate


Do you have Culinary Resolutions that you would like to accomplish this year? Eat more Raw foods less cooked

OK, you are a huge fan of this stuff called E3Live. Can you tell me what this stuff is and what it can do for me? E3live is an amzing Blue green algae that provides lots of vitamins and nutrients! Live essential fatty acids help to turn your Brainon!!! WWW. E3live.com has a lot more info! I take it to keep me healthy and feeling happy! Works awesome for depression! The best part is its guaranteed!!!

One word what describes you is: unique
enjoying a hot chocolate at Serendipity Restaurant, NYC


Soy Delicioous Pasta Salad
1 lb cooked pasta
1/2 cup diced leek
2 Tablespoons dill
1 1/2-2 cups veganaise
1/2 teaspoon blackpepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tablespoon VINEGAR
1 package steamed edemame beans

Mix all together thoroughly! Serve chilled!! Yum!



Thank you so much Medeana for doing this interview for me!!  I can't wait to try out your pasta salad, especially since the weather is just right for a picnic!  

1 comment:

  1. I must say that Medeana is very beautiful! I am about to start reading, Skinny Bitch, Medeana! Also, ELive3 is amazing stuff. Pricey, but worth it. It is loaded with all kinds of great "GREEN" stuff. I used to be a huge supporter of wheat grass, but ELive 3 has that and so much more in it. Wish i could afford it more. Makes yu feel so energized. Nice segement!
    Tera Pepper
    Tera

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails