Friday, January 8, 2010

Food, Oh Glorious Food!

Food. Isn't it such a beautiful word? It not only conjures up the instant thought of "What's for dinner tonight?", what new restaurant do I want to try out this weekend, or the fabulous memories that a single food item can bring back to life. I love all things about food, cooking, baking, the sharing of recipes, the togetherness that a good meal can bring to a table-full of friends and family. I devour cookbooks like novels and I admit that I am 100% addicted to cooking magazines as well. On any given night, you are quite likely to catch us at home on our wonderful new couch snuggled in afghans watching one of our many favorite cooking shows (Top Chef, Iron Chef America, or Hell's Kitchen anyone?!) Thanks to Julia Child, Martha Stewart, Rachel Ray and the like, the home cook has so many options and resources available to them.

My life as a foodie began when I was young. My parents were always encouraging us to try out new foods growing up. We could never leave the table without at least eating a spoonful of the new, weird, or just unappealing (at the time) vegetables, seafoods, or whatever was for dinner that night. They would always tell us that the more we try something, the more we will fall in love with it. And you know what- THEY WERE RIGHT!  My own proof of this is will appear in one of my next posts so stay tuned!!

My mom and dad love to tell the story of the time we were all out to a fancy restaurant and they ordered lobster for my sister and I to have for dinner. I was only a baby at the time, and the server was astounded that not a single drop of lobster fell off of my highchair tray and onto the floor.  I like to think I had good taste even then!

I am proud of the fact that I will try pretty much anything. Ok, almost anything- I'm no Andrew Zimmern! But I AM adventurous and because of that I have found some truly amazing food out in that beautiful world of ours. I have decided to keep this blog as a place for me to share my new recipes, talk about failed attempts in my kitchen (yes, this does happen!), review cookbooks and restaurants or anything else foodie that comes to mind. I hope you enjoy my journey as much as I do. Happy eating!

4 comments:

  1. Amie. I am a good cook, but horrible baker. For Chrismas Brian got me the Martha Stewart cupcake cookbook. You should check it out, if you ever wanted to do a baking segment for the blog...these cupcakes are beautiful and a great aternative to cakes and pies for any event!
    Tera Pepper

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are! I'm pretty sure my sister got that book for Christmas too. I will have to check it out. I have really acquired a love for baking over the past few years. There will most definitely be baking post on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did but have not made anything from it yet but I sure plan to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tera, when you move back to Ohio (*wink, wink*), you and my sister Bonnie should get together and squelch your fears of baking. It isn't that scary, I promise :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails